Welcome to the District 58 Area 59 Corrections Committee.
Our mission is to coordinate the work of A.A. members and groups to carry the A.A. message of recovery to alcoholics in prisons and other correctional institutions.
We fulfill the following needs:
- Taking 12 Step meetings inside correctional facilities
- Providing Big Books and other conference-approved literature to correctional facilities for inmates to request
- Becoming a “bridge” by taking newly released members to meetings
- Writing letters to men and women who want recovery support while they serve time
- Serve as a clearinghouse of information that District corrections chairs and individual AAs can bring back to their groups
Facilities we serve
We currently take meetings into the following institutions:
- Schuylkill County Prison
- FCI Schuylkill
- SCI Coal Township
- SCI Mahanoy
- SCI Frackville
Note: “AA is not allied with any sect, denomination or politics, organization or institution” – while Corrections Committee coordinators by necessity work with correctional facility staff to “clear” AAs who wish to attend 12 Step meetings, and supply conference-approved literature to facilities for distribution to inmates, neither the District 58 Area 59 Corrections Committee, individual members of the Committee, nor District 58 Area 59 itself is affiliated with any correctional institution.
- Carrying the Message into Correctional Facilities F-5
- Corrections Workbook
- Corrections Bridge Form
- Correspondence Form
- AA General Service Office Corrections Committee Page
- District 58 Area 59 corrections facilities meetings
We invite anyone to participate who would like to share the message with alcoholics in correctional institutions. Our committee will meet upcoming on Zoom check back for more later or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.