What Is District 58 Area 59?
District 58 Area 59 is non-profit entity established in 1981, in keeping with the 9th Tradition, to operate for the benefit of Schuylkill County and southern Northumberland County A.A. groups. We exist to aid the groups in their common purpose of carrying the A.A. message to the alcoholic who still suffers.
Who Is District 58 Area 59?
District 58 Area 59 is paid for by groups in our service area as volunatary contributions provided by 7th Tradition. District 58 Area 59 has service and volunteer opportunities every month—which are filled by members of sober community.
What does District 58 Area 59 do?
- 24-Hour Hotline—District 58 Area 59 provides a 24-hour hotline that is answered by a service and gets sober members of Alcoholics Anonymous connected with those who want to stop drinking help 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Office/Bookstore—District 58 Area 59 maintains meeting schedules, A.A. literature, pamphlets, and coins, and provides a resource for A.A. groups within our service area.
- Coordination and Connection—District 58 Area 59 works closely with all of the Groups in coordinating and connecting alcoholics in 12-Step work.
- Archives—District 58 Area 59 maintains an extensive archive of material at storage location which documents the history of A.A. in Schuylkill county area.
- Website—District 58 Area 59 maintains an website which connects local groups together and aids in coordinating events within our region.
In addition, through the voluntary support of groups, meetings, and individuals, we:
- Maintain and publish a list both — in print and online — of A.A. meetings in the area
- Act as a contact between local A.A. and the general public
- Maintain a list of A.A. members available to do 12-Step work
- Organize and host home group workshops and other meetings
- Publish our monthly newsletter
How do I get involved with District 58 Area 59?
District Meetings are held at 6:00 p.m. on the second Thursday of each month via Zoom. All members are welcome, you can reach out by the methods below: